An Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have been asked to submit an online application for an unlisted position – please click here and be sure to specify the position for which you are applying.
DAUPHIN COUNTY LIBRARY SYSTEM IS CURRENTLY SEEKING QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS:
Youth Services Assistant
The Dauphin County Library System is seeking a part-time Youth Services Assistant. This position provides public services focusing on youth and families in our libraries. The successful candidate will also deliver programming both in libraries and at outreach settings.
Qualified candidates should complete The Library’s application and attach a resume at https://www.dcls.org/application
- Associate's degree in education; or minimum of 2 years of experience in child care or education setting; or 2 years of experience in the formal educational system.
- One year experience working with children.
- 2 years of active experience using MS Office Suite or equiv. and searching the Internet in a Windows environment.
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. unassisted, to reach and bend to place books on shelves, to kneel and sit on the floor during programs.
- Valid driver’s license.
Rate of Pay
The starting rate is $11.44 per hour.
This position includes hours at the Johnson Memorial Library on Mondays and Tuesdays 3:30 PM-7:30 PM and Thursdays 2:30 PM -6:30 PM.
On Fridays at Northern Dauphin Library the hours are 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM.
Every third Saturday 10:00 AM-3:00 PM at Elizabethville Area Library.
Volunteer Opportunities at The Library
Ask for a volunteer application when you check out your books!
Whether you're looking for a new career, a second job, or just need help with your resume The Library's Job Help Center is a great place to start. Our goal is to provide you with the resources you need to prepare for an interview and find a job. Click Here >>